Stores don't accept song titles that contain: Too much extra information Strange things in parenthesis Odd punctuation Dates or years Primary artists listed also as featured ar...Full article…
If you already officially released your album, even as a physical release, please specify the original release date at the top of the upload form. This includes different versi...Full article…
The minimum requirement for album art is 1000x1000 pixels. Ideally, album art should be a perfectly square jpeg, 3000x3000 pixels. If your artwork is smaller, or rectangular, we...Full article…
Album artwork needs to be JPGs, with RGB color. Usually you don't have to think about this -- every digital camera and photo retouching program (like Photoshop) defaults to RGB....Full article…
Good news! Streaming services are starting to give credit where it's due. That means, among other things, showing who wrote every song. Typically, songwriters are listed using ...Full article…
Yes. As long as it's your music and you're legally allowed to sell it, blah blah blah. For "language," choose whatever language your music speaks to you in. Figuratively speakin...Full article…
Audio files should be WAV, MP3, AIFF, CDDA, MP4 (m4a), Windows Media (WMA), or FLAC.If you're sending a WAV, we accept up to 24-bit, 96 kHz, or less. 16-bit, 44.1 kHz WAV is typ...Full article…
The maximum size that DistroKid will accept is 250MB. If you have a track that's larger than that, consider converting it to FLAC format before uploading to DistroKid. FLAC is a...Full article…
Our genre list is comprised of all genres accepted by all outlets we distribute to. If you don't see the genre you want, don't worry! Just select the genre that most closely de...Full article…
Yes! You can list up to 3 primary artists per release. Your release will show up on each artists' pages, in stores & streaming services. To specify a collaboration, just use a ...Full article…
Many artists use profanity in their music. This is a situation where music should be labeled as explicit. This Wikipedia article explains more about Parental Advisory labeling: ...Full article…
When uploading a clean and explicit version of the same song, mark the Explicit track as Explicit, but list the Clean version without the Explicit tag and specify that it's a "r...Full article…
No. You must use uniform language throughout album/track titles to match the language selected when uploading. For multiple languages, upload separate releases.Please also keep ...Full article…
On DistroKid's upload form, there's a list of languages. The list contains all of the languages that are officially supported by stores.If your language isn't listed, it's best ...Full article…
Tracklib is a service that helps artists with sample clearances. For more information, see https://www.tracklib.com/howitworks/ Tracklib requires you to add email@example.com...Full article…
DistroKid doesn't distribute compilations or "various artists" releases at this time. You need to list 1-4 primary artists who appear on each and every track of the album.Full article…
If you don't specify a record label name when uploading to DistroKid (you must have the Musician Plus or Label plan to do so), your record label may be listed as a number, follo...Full article…
The label field is optional to fill out. If you don't input a label, your music will still be uploaded to stores.Full article…
Nope. Stores require that you enter your actual artist name in the artist name field, when uploading. Do not list your artist name as "Cool Guy Records" and your song title as "...Full article…
No, DistroKid doesn't currently support this.Full article…
No.You will be asked for relevant info (track title, genre, cover art) on the upload page for your release, which is what stores will use for your release. Any prior embedded in...Full article…
While only a court can rule on whether something is Fair Use or not, Harry Fox Agency (who handles our cover licenses) offers the following guidelines: If a parody takes aim ...Full article…
Snippets, ring-tones, etc. are not allowed. Stores will not accept albums if the average song length is less than 60 seconds. If you have longer songs that you can add to the al...Full article…
Most Frequent Questions
- What is Vizy?
- How Long Does It Take for My Album to Be Available in Stores?
- If I Specify a Custom Release Date, When Will My Album Appear in Stores?
- Will It Cause Problems If There's Another Artist with the Same Name as Me?
- Can I Add A Featured Artist to My Track?
- Can I upload a single before my album, and then include that single on my album?
- Can I Edit My HyperFollow Page?
- Can I Change a Release Once It's Uploaded?
- How Do I Delete a Release from Stores?
- My Uploads Keep Failing Partway Through. Wussup with That?
- There Is an Error with a Track I Uploaded, Can You Just Release the Album Without the Error'd Track?
- Can I choose the start time for audio previews in stores?
- Do You Support Spotify Canvas?
- Why Does Spotify Show My Release Coming Out a Day Earlier Than Expected?
- Can DistroKid Distribute My Songs to TikTok?
- Help! I have the same/similar name as another artist, and my release landed on their page!
- How Can I Get a Verified Spotify Artist Profile?
- How Do I Update My Artist Bio or Photo in Stores?
- Music I've Uploaded for YouTube Music Is Appearing in a YouTube Channel I Don't Recognize
- How Can I Link to My Music on Stores?
- How Do I Find My Apple Artist URL?
- How Do I Find My Spotify Album URI?
- How Do I Get a Google Knowledge Graph?
- How Do I Find My Spotify Artist URI?
- Can You Send My Music to Pandora?
- Facebook & Instagram FAQs
- Opted into YouTube Money, Got an Email from YouTube That Someone (Audiam or Interstreet Recordings) Made a Copyright Claim on My Music
- What's the Difference Between Using DistroKid to Upload My Music to YouTube, Versus Uploading It to YouTube Directly?
- My Release Hasn't Been Detected in Spotify/iTunes/Apple Music
- I Can't Find My Music in Stores by Searching
- Why Do My "Featured Artists" Look Different in Spotify vs Apple Music, vs Other Stores?
- The Audio Quality in Stores Isn't as Good as the Original I Uploaded. Why's That?
- How Do I Change My Existing Password?
- How Do I Change My Email Address?
- I Already Paid, But Can't Log Into My DistroKid Account
- How Do I Change My Credit Card Info?
- I Need a Receipt. How Do I Get a Receipt?
- My Card Got Stolen/Replaced, and I Need A Refund! What Happens?
- Why Didn't DistroKid Respond to My Email/Send My 2-Step Authentication Code?
- Can I Downgrade to a Lower DistroKid Plan?
- What Happens If I Stop Paying the Annual Fee?
- How Many Tracks Have I Sold?
- Can I Save My Bank Info to a File, and Open It in a Spreadsheet?
- When I Delete a Release, Do I Still Get My Royalties?
- Do I Need a PayPal Account to Get Paid?
- Is There a Minimum Payout Threshold?
- Can I Pay My Collaborators Automatically?
- I'm on the Team for a song. What percentage of the *album* sales do I get?
- “Invalid” Teams Email?
- I sent a Teams invite, but it was never accepted. Can I remove that email from my Team?