Yes, with some exceptions.Some examples of songs that may be licensed: A song that was released at one point on iTunes and/or Amazon MP3. A song that appeared on a limited...Full article…
Yes!Though, keep in mind, you'll need to purchase the cover license again for the cover that is being included on the album. You must purchase a DistroKid cover license each and...Full article…
Do I Have to Purchase a Cover License Through DistroKid If I Already Have a License From Another Agency?
Yes.The reason is that we have no way of confirming that the original songwriter is getting paid their legally-required share--unless we're the ones paying them.Not opting cover...Full article…
Each time you upload a song to DistroKid, you'll see a checkbox to specify whether you wrote the song (an "original"), or someone else wrote it (a "cover"). There's a law in th...Full article…
DistroKid can help with covers. DistroKid cannot help with samples.What's the difference?Sampling Sampling is when you use the actual recording of another artist's performance. ...Full article…
No, sorry. Sound-a-likes--or cover versions, or tribute songs that sound verrry similar to the original--aren’t accepted by streaming services.Streaming services may also reject...Full article…
Yes! Just log in to your account and click on your Profile Icon in the top right. From there, click "Cover song licenses" to view your existing licenses.Full article…
Any Song or Musical Work Published in 1922 or earlier is in the Public Domain in the USA. As long as there is no current copyright on the original work, it's probably OK, but pu...Full article…
Most Frequent Questions
- I Have a Question Regarding a Charge/Refund
- Does DistroKid Provide ISRC Codes?
- Can I Upload Cover Songs?
- Why Were my Lyrics Rejected?
- How Do I Get My Song Linked to My Instagram Profile?
- Can DistroKid Submit My Music to Audiomack?
- How Can I Get a Verified Spotify Artist Profile?
- How Do I Find My Spotify URI's?
- How Do I Get an Official Artist Channel on YouTube?
- How Do I Cancel My DistroKid Account?
- What is the password for my Form 1099 or Form 1042?
- Where Do I Enter My Payout Preferences So I Can Get Paid?