Yes, with some exceptions.Some examples of songs that may be licensed: A song that was released at one point on iTunes and/or Amazon MP3. A song that appeared on a limited...Full article…
Do I Have to Purchase a Cover License Through DistroKid If I Already Have a License From Another Agency?
Yes.The reason is that we have no way of confirming that the original songwriter is getting paid their legally-required share--unless we're the ones paying them.Not opting cover...Full article…
Each time you upload a song to DistroKid, you'll see a checkbox to specify whether you wrote the song (an "original"), or someone else wrote it (a "cover"). There's a law in t...Full article…
DistroKid can help with covers. DistroKid cannot help with samples.What's the difference?Sampling Sampling is when you use the actual recording of another artist's performance. ...Full article…
No, sorry. Sound-a-likes--or cover versions, or tribute songs that sound verrry similar to the original--aren’t accepted by stores.Stores may also reject cover songs that too-cl...Full article…
Yes! Just log in to your account and go to More > Settings > Cover Song Licenses.Full article…
Any Song or Musical Work Published in 1922 or earlier is in the Public Domain in the USA. As long as there is no current copyright on the original work, it's probably OK, but pu...Full article…
Most Frequent Questions
- What is Vizy?
- How Long Does It Take for My Album to Be Available in Stores?
- If I Specify a Custom Release Date, When Will My Album Appear in Stores?
- Will It Cause Problems If There's Another Artist with the Same Name as Me?
- Can I Add A Featured Artist to My Track?
- Can I upload a single before my album, and then include that single on my album?
- Can I Edit My HyperFollow Page?
- Can I Change a Release Once It's Uploaded?
- How Do I Delete a Release from Stores?
- My Uploads Keep Failing Partway Through. Wussup with That?
- There Is an Error with a Track I Uploaded, Can You Just Release the Album Without the Error'd Track?
- Soundtrack by Twitch
- Can I choose the start time for audio previews in stores?
- Do You Support Spotify Canvas?
- Why Does Spotify Show My Release Coming Out a Day Earlier Than Expected?
- Can DistroKid Distribute My Songs to TikTok?
- Help! I have the same/similar name as another artist, and my release landed on their page!
- How Can I Get a Verified Spotify Artist Profile?
- How Do I Update My Artist Bio or Photo in Stores?
- Music I've Uploaded for YouTube Music Is Appearing in a YouTube Channel I Don't Recognize
- How Can I Link to My Music on Stores?
- How Do I Find My Apple Artist URL?
- How Do I Get a Google Knowledge Graph?
- How Do I Find My Spotify URI?
- Can You Send My Music to Pandora?
- Facebook & Instagram FAQs
- Opted into YouTube Money, Got an Email from YouTube That Someone (Audiam or Interstreet Recordings) Made a Copyright Claim on My Music
- What's the Difference Between Using DistroKid to Upload My Music to YouTube, Versus Uploading It to YouTube Directly?
- My Release Hasn't Been Detected in Spotify/iTunes/Apple Music
- I Can't Find My Music in Stores by Searching
- Why Do My "Featured Artists" Look Different in Spotify vs Apple Music, vs Other Stores?
- The Audio Quality in Stores Isn't as Good as the Original I Uploaded. Why's That?
- How Do I Change My Existing Password?
- How Do I Change My Email Address?
- I Already Paid, But Can't Log Into My DistroKid Account
- How Do I Change My Credit Card Info?
- I Need a Receipt. How Do I Get a Receipt?
- My Card Got Stolen/Replaced, and I Need A Refund! What Happens?
- Why Didn't DistroKid Respond to My Email/Send My 2-Step Authentication Code?
- Can I Downgrade to a Lower DistroKid Plan?
- What Happens If I Stop Paying the Annual Fee?
- How Many Tracks Have I Sold?
- Can I Save My Bank Info to a File, and Open It in a Spreadsheet?
- When I Delete a Release, Do I Still Get My Earnings?
- Do I Need a PayPal Account to Get Paid?
- Is There a Minimum Payout Threshold?
- Can I Pay My Collaborators Automatically?
- I'm on the Team for a song. What percentage of the *album* sales do I get?
- “Invalid” Teams Email?
- I sent a Teams invite, but it was never accepted. Can I remove that email from my Team?