You'll want to check out our Marcel Generator!Head to https://distrokid.com/marcel to make your own!These little videos are pretty cool and fun to share, but for a more professi...Full article…
DistroKid is a service that musicians use to put music into online stores & streaming services. These include iTunes, Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube Music, Amazon, Deezer, Tidal,...Full article…
DistroKid offers multiple plans, ranging from a singles artist/band plan, to Label plans for up to 100 artists. Musician: 1 band/artist, $19.99/year Musician Plus: 2 bands/arti...Full article…
Welcome! You won't be disappointed. It's easy to switch to DistroKid. Here's how: Upload your releases to DistroKid The next day, go to your old distributor and remove those ...Full article…
Hundreds of record labels rely on DistroKid for fast & easy distribution and accounting. DistroKid makes it easy for labels to upload music for all of their artists. How many ar...Full article…
Thanks for choosing DistroKid - you won’t be disappointed. If you haven’t already, head on over to www.distrokid.com/signup to create your account and choose a plan. That’s it!...Full article…
Shazam & iPhone Siri: $0.99 per song/year Make it easy for people to identify this single if they hear it playing on radio/tv, in stores, restaurants, parties, etc. Store Maximi...Full article…
Both services upload your music to stores and give you 100% of your earnings, minus banking fees/applicable taxes. DistroKid is much less expensive, and gets your music into sto...Full article…
Yes!Opt any album or single into DistroKid's "Leave a Legacy" feature. The “Leave a Legacy” extra can be added to a release so that it won't be removed by DistroKid due to a lap...Full article…
Yes! Thanks for asking. To spread DistroKid to your friends and make some dough doing it: Sign into DistroKid Click the "More" menu Click "Referral Program" You'll get $5...Full article…
Yes. DistroKid uses bank-level SSL encryption (SHA-256 with RSA, TLS 1.2) to transmit credit card information. That credit card information is then securely sent directly from y...Full article…
You do! DistroKid does not take any ownership or intellectual property rights from artists. You keep 100% ownership.Full article…
Yes! DistroKid automatically backs up all of your audio files (and other data). We then neatly organize everything and put it in the DistroKid Vault.DistroKid Vault makes it eas...Full article…
Unless you have permission from all concerned parties, it is not possible to upload songs with uncleared samples.You are welcome to upload remixes of your own work. However, if ...Full article…
Yep! You own the rights to your own music, and can sell it wherever (and however) you'd like.Full article…
DistroKid is non-exclusive. If you'd like to distribute some (or all) of your works with a different distributor in addition to, or instead of, DistroKid--you're welcome to do t...Full article…
No.DistroKid does not distribute podcasts at this time. You’ll need to use an aggregator that specializes in podcasts if you want to upload one to stores. Here’s Spotify’s list ...Full article…
No. DistroKid only distributes albums and singles.Full article…
Yes! It's easy to choose on which services your music appears. When uploading your music to DistroKid, just select the stores and streaming services you'd like to be on.Full article…
No. DistroKid only distributes albums and singles.Full article…
There is no way to sell a song for free in the online stores such as iTunes. If you see a song available for free download in iTunes, this is because the iTunes editorial team m...Full article…
No. DistroKid only distributes music.Full article…
No. DistroKid is for solo musicians, bands, DJs, performers, and producers who record music at home or in the studio. You might try another distributor if you are hoping to rele...Full article…
DistroKid doesn't currently deliver Classical releases to iTunes/Apple Music. All other stores will receive the content, though.Full article…
You must be 18 years of age or older to sign up for DistroKid, per our Distribution Agreement. If you're younger than that, please have an adult sign up on your behalf.Full article…
Yes! Comedy releases like this one are OK. Just make sure to select "Comedy" as the primary genre on the upload form.Full article…
Please see our Terms of Service & Distribution Agreement, here: https://distrokid.com/terms/Full article…
Does DistroKid Register with SoundScan, SoundExchange, Gracenote, BMI or ASCAP? Do I Have to as an Artist?
We do not register your music with any of the above. You also don't have to after you distribute your music through us. You don't need to be registered with a Performing Rights ...Full article…
Curious about a recent charge from DistroKid? It's typically either your annual subscription fee, or renewal for album extras you opted into and agreed to pay annually when uplo...Full article…
Most Frequent Questions
- What is Vizy?
- How Long Does It Take for My Album to Be Available in Stores?
- If I Specify a Custom Release Date, When Will My Album Appear in Stores?
- Will It Cause Problems If There's Another Artist with the Same Name as Me?
- Can I Add A Featured Artist to My Track?
- Can I upload a single before my album, and then include that single on my album?
- Can I Edit My HyperFollow Page?
- Can I Change a Release Once It's Uploaded?
- How Do I Delete a Release from Stores?
- My Uploads Keep Failing Partway Through. Wussup with That?
- There Is an Error with a Track I Uploaded, Can You Just Release the Album Without the Error'd Track?
- Soundtrack by Twitch
- Can I choose the start time for audio previews in stores?
- Do You Support Spotify Canvas?
- Why Does Spotify Show My Release Coming Out a Day Earlier Than Expected?
- Can DistroKid Distribute My Songs to TikTok?
- Help! I have the same/similar name as another artist, and my release landed on their page!
- How Can I Get a Verified Spotify Artist Profile?
- How Do I Update My Artist Bio or Photo in Stores?
- Music I've Uploaded for YouTube Music Is Appearing in a YouTube Channel I Don't Recognize
- How Can I Link to My Music on Stores?
- How Do I Find My Apple Artist URL?
- How Do I Get a Google Knowledge Graph?
- How Do I Find My Spotify URI?
- Can You Send My Music to Pandora?
- Facebook & Instagram FAQs
- Opted into YouTube Money, Got an Email from YouTube That Someone (Audiam or Interstreet Recordings) Made a Copyright Claim on My Music
- What's the Difference Between Using DistroKid to Upload My Music to YouTube, Versus Uploading It to YouTube Directly?
- My Release Hasn't Been Detected in Spotify/iTunes/Apple Music
- I Can't Find My Music in Stores by Searching
- Why Do My "Featured Artists" Look Different in Spotify vs Apple Music, vs Other Stores?
- The Audio Quality in Stores Isn't as Good as the Original I Uploaded. Why's That?
- How Do I Change My Existing Password?
- How Do I Change My Email Address?
- I Already Paid, But Can't Log Into My DistroKid Account
- How Do I Change My Credit Card Info?
- I Need a Receipt. How Do I Get a Receipt?
- My Card Got Stolen/Replaced, and I Need A Refund! What Happens?
- Why Didn't DistroKid Respond to My Email/Send My 2-Step Authentication Code?
- Can I Downgrade to a Lower DistroKid Plan?
- What Happens If I Stop Paying the Annual Fee?
- How Many Tracks Have I Sold?
- Can I Save My Bank Info to a File, and Open It in a Spreadsheet?
- When I Delete a Release, Do I Still Get My Earnings?
- Do I Need a PayPal Account to Get Paid?
- Is There a Minimum Payout Threshold?
- Can I Pay My Collaborators Automatically?
- I'm on the Team for a song. What percentage of the *album* sales do I get?
- “Invalid” Teams Email?
- I sent a Teams invite, but it was never accepted. Can I remove that email from my Team?