No. They are codes that the music industry uses for stuff and things. Sometimes. DistroKid takes care of these things automatically (generates them, associates them with your mu...Full article…
UPC stands for "Universal Product Code." It is a unique code used to identify a product, such as an album or single. A DistroKid UPC is automatically generated for you, each tim...Full article…
An ISRC code is a unique code assigned to each song you upload.DistroKid will automatically generate new DistroKid ISRC codes and associate them with every song you upload. It's...Full article…
ISRC codes, yes. UPC codes, no. DistroKid automatically generates DistroKid UPC and DistroKid ISRC codes for each release, so you don't have to think about it (or even know what...Full article…
No, you do not need to provide UPC or ISRC codes to DistroKid. If you want to specify your own ISRC codes, upgrade to a "Musician Plus" or "Label" account.If you want to apply ...Full article…
DistroKid gives you free DistroKid ISRC codes. They're automatically generated by DistroKid and displayed to you whenever you upload any song or album. If you need to have your...Full article…
No. Don't bother embedding ISRC codes directly into your .wav (or other format) audio files. If you do, it won't cause any harm. But it's a waste of time, because stores ignore...Full article…
For various reasons, some of which are beyond our control (sorry to be so mysterious), it's not possible for multiple DistroKid users to upload music using the same ISRC. Howeve...Full article…
DistroKid does not assign IPI numbers. An IPI number (previously referred to as a CAE number) is an international identification number assigned to songwriters and publishers by...Full article…
Most Frequent Questions
- What is Vizy?
- How Long Does It Take for My Album to Be Available in Stores?
- If I Specify a Custom Release Date, When Will My Album Appear in Stores?
- Will It Cause Problems If There's Another Artist with the Same Name as Me?
- Can I Add A Featured Artist to My Track?
- Can I upload a single before my album, and then include that single on my album?
- Can I Edit My HyperFollow Page?
- Can I Change a Release Once It's Uploaded?
- How Do I Delete a Release from Stores?
- My Uploads Keep Failing Partway Through. Wussup with That?
- There Is an Error with a Track I Uploaded, Can You Just Release the Album Without the Error'd Track?
- Can I choose the start time for audio previews in stores?
- Do You Support Spotify Canvas?
- Why Does Spotify Show My Release Coming Out a Day Earlier Than Expected?
- Can DistroKid Distribute My Songs to TikTok?
- Help! I have the same/similar name as another artist, and my release landed on their page!
- How Can I Get a Verified Spotify Artist Profile?
- How Do I Update My Artist Bio or Photo in Stores?
- Music I've Uploaded for YouTube Music Is Appearing in a YouTube Channel I Don't Recognize
- How Can I Link to My Music on Stores?
- How Do I Find My Apple Artist URL?
- How Do I Find My Spotify Album URI?
- How Do I Get a Google Knowledge Graph?
- How Do I Find My Spotify Artist URI?
- Can You Send My Music to Pandora?
- Facebook & Instagram FAQs
- Opted into YouTube Money, Got an Email from YouTube That Someone (Audiam or Interstreet Recordings) Made a Copyright Claim on My Music
- What's the Difference Between Using DistroKid to Upload My Music to YouTube, Versus Uploading It to YouTube Directly?
- My Release Hasn't Been Detected in Spotify/iTunes/Apple Music
- I Can't Find My Music in Stores by Searching
- Why Do My "Featured Artists" Look Different in Spotify vs Apple Music, vs Other Stores?
- The Audio Quality in Stores Isn't as Good as the Original I Uploaded. Why's That?
- How Do I Change My Existing Password?
- How Do I Change My Email Address?
- I Already Paid, But Can't Log Into My DistroKid Account
- How Do I Change My Credit Card Info?
- I Need a Receipt. How Do I Get a Receipt?
- My Card Got Stolen/Replaced, and I Need A Refund! What Happens?
- Why Didn't DistroKid Respond to My Email/Send My 2-Step Authentication Code?
- Can I Downgrade to a Lower DistroKid Plan?
- What Happens If I Stop Paying the Annual Fee?
- How Many Tracks Have I Sold?
- Can I Save My Bank Info to a File, and Open It in a Spreadsheet?
- When I Delete a Release, Do I Still Get My Royalties?
- Do I Need a PayPal Account to Get Paid?
- Is There a Minimum Payout Threshold?
- Can I Pay My Collaborators Automatically?
- I'm on the Team for a song. What percentage of the *album* sales do I get?
- “Invalid” Teams Email?
- I sent a Teams invite, but it was never accepted. Can I remove that email from my Team?