Claiming your Official Artist Channel on YouTube is quick and easy when you use DistroKid.
How to claim your YouTube Official Artist Channel:
- Make sure you already have a channel dedicated to your content as an artist on YouTube. If not, please create one, and name it after your artist name.*
- Make sure your artist has at least one release that has selected "Google Play/YouTube" as a store.
- Go to the YouTube Official Artist Channel section of your DistroKid account (Click the "More" menu > "Streaming Service Goodies")
- Select the artist you want to associate with your YouTube channel.
- Authenticate into your YouTube account
- Claim your channel
*Note: You can only link one artist to a YouTube account. A label channel cannot be converted to an Official Artist Channel.
Once your Official Artist Channel is approved, you'll have access to some exciting new features on YouTube, including:
- Increased visibility through YouTube search
- Access to artist specific tools and analytics in YouTube Studio
- The ability to update your YouTube Music pic & bio
- Exclusive access to data and analytics through YouTube Analytics for Artist
- A verified music note next to your channel name
Here’s a video from YouTube with some additional info about what it means when DistroKid helps you qualify for an Official Artist Channel: