Thanks for choosing DistroKid - you won’t be disappointed.
If you haven’t already, head on over to www.distrokid.com/signup to create your account and choose a plan.
That’s it! You’re ready to start taking advantage of unlimited uploads! Click UPLOAD on your DistroKid dashboard, or go straight to https://distrokid.com/new to begin uploading. We’ll ask which stores you want to distribute to, and collect all of the required info to get your release sent off to stores ASAP.
Some of the many benefits you’ll find at DistroKid:
- Automatic revenue splits - just tell us who to pay, and how much to pay them. We’ll do the rest.
- HyperFollow - you’ll have a pre-save marketing page within minutes of uploading your music. Once your release goes live on all stores, we’ll add links to the same page automatically.
- Lyrics support - add lyrics to your songs, and we’ll send them to stores for you.
- Global timed release dates - your release will go live at the exact same time everywhere on Spotify
- And more - click “settings” to see them all!
If you’re already using DistroKid for distribution to all stores other than Spotify, that’s easy, too! To add previously uploaded music to new stores, simply click "Add To More Stores" on your album dashboard page.
You will then be prompted with a list of stores that your music is not on from previous distribution. Feel free to select the stores you wish for distribution, and click "add."
Switching to DistroKid from another distributor? We've got you covered there as well. For more information about the best way to switch distributors, please check out the FAQ article here: https://distrokid.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013648133
Note that we can't speak to how stores handle play counts. That's handled by the stores themselves, and not something we have any control over. We have, however, heard rumors that if you use your existing ISRCs (you need to have the Musician Plus or Label plan to do so), the exact same audio file as in your original upload, same track title, and same artist name, that this might help retain play counts in some stores. Nothing that we (or stores) can guarantee, however.