DistroKid does not take any percentage off the top of what stores send us for your earnings. When stores send us earnings reports, we send 100% of the earnings allocated to you straight to your DistroKid bank. We feel strongly that you shouldn't give a percentage of your earnings for streams / sales to your distributor. You earned the money, not them.
When you withdraw earnings, you may be subject to applicable taxes and/or fees from our payment processor.*
The ONLY time we take a percentage, is if you opt into our optional "YouTube Content ID" service. That's the service where we find videos on YouTube that use your music-- and tell YouTube to monetize them (more info here). We keep 20% of the revenue from YouTube videos that we find, and send you the rest (80%). But you still keep the money you earn from streaming services and music stores like iTunes, Spotify etc. You always keep 100% of that, minus banking fees/applicable taxes.
*Note: Our payment processor, Tipalti, may charge a fee depending on the withdrawal method. You can find out which methods charge which fees by checking out this article: Is There a Fee When I Withdraw My Earnings?
Additionally, depending on your country of residency, you may be subject to tax withholding rates. Check out this article on Tipalti for more information: Withholding Rates. DistroKid can't provide any information about taxes, or anything related to taxes, tax forms, tax withholding, etc. We know that this stuff can be confusing, so if you do have any questions about anything tax-related, please contact a tax professional who will be able to provide advice and explanations to help you out.