Welcome! You won't be disappointed.
It's easy to switch to DistroKid. Here's how:
- Upload your releases to DistroKid
- The next day, go to your old distributor and remove those releases
DistroKid is fast so there's a chance that your albums appear in streaming services twice, before your old distributor takes them down. This brief overlap is okay.
Important: Make sure to use the exact same metadata (song titles, album title, ISRCs, etc.) and audio files you used with your old distributor. That way, services (especially Spotify) will try to ensure that you don't lose play counts or playlists that you're on. We can't guarantee this because it's out of our hands -- but that's generally how it works. Note that you may lose reviews in iTunes and Amazon.
Some of the many benefits you’ll find at DistroKid:
- Automatic revenue splits - just tell us who to pay, and how much to pay them. We’ll do the rest.
- HyperFollow - you’ll have a pre-save marketing page within minutes of uploading your music. Once your release goes live on all services, we’ll add links to the same page automatically.
- Lyrics support - add lyrics to your songs, and we’ll send them to services for you.
- Global timed release dates - your release will go live at the exact same time everywhere on Spotify
- And more - click “Goodies” to see them all!