Artwork should be in the .jpg file format. The minimum size requirement for album art is 1000x1000 pixels. Ideally, album art should be perfectly square, and 3000x3000 pixels. If your artwork is smaller, or rectangular, we'll automatically fix it for you--but there's a risk that our fixed version won't look exactly as you intended.
Please also make sure your artwork is in the RGB colorspace. Usually you don't have to think about this -- every digital camera and photo retouching program (like Photoshop) defaults to RGB. So you're all good.
However, sometimes for whatever reason, you may have saved artwork in the CMYK or Grayscale color space, and DistroKid gives you an error. If this is happening to you, re-save your artwork in RGB format.
Streaming services will reject artwork that contains
- A website address (URL)
- Twitter name
- The terms 'Exclusive' or 'Limited Edition'
- Any image that's blurry, pixelated, rotated, or poor quality
- Unlicensed/stock photography
- Streaming service logos (such as iTunes or Spotify)
- Gross stuff
- References to physical media (example: "CD" or "Compact Disc")
Also, please do not use the same artwork for multiple albums. Duplicate album art may be rejected.